Issue #1773 has been updated by Lin Jen-Shin.

Sorry for not being clear. What I would like to do is setting up
an rubygems environment that isn't affected by system gems.
I am doing this by setting gem path in ruby runtime, i.e.
`Gem.use_paths' Then any later `require' should search only paths
I assigned, but not any other path (e.g. system gem path).

This worked in 1.8 but not in 1.9.

I can setup gem path correctly in 1.9, but `require'
didn't follow the path it should follow. It still searched
the original path. Setting $GEM_PATH has no problem,
but I don't want to switch $GEM_PATH in runtime.

Thanks for your attention.
Cheers,

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org