Issue #1784 has been updated by Lin Jen-Shin.

Very glad to hear so!

In short, what *I* would want would be UAO _or_
Big5 from Mozilla Taiwan (I would call it Moz18 later),
This is because Moz18's b2u table (Big5 to Unicode)
is the same with UAO 2.41's, so either one would be
fine in most cases. And perhaps I won't need u2b
transcoding :p

Here's the long reason and some background:
I know that there used to be many people installed
UAO to use Big5 Japanese in Taiwan. They were
taught that this software would complement (Κδ΄°)
Unicode, and many people thought that UAO was
Unicode. This helped people using unified Big5 Japanese,
but slowed down the progress of going to Unicode.

As far as I know, UAO isn't any standard,
so there're few softwares support it,
except softwares that made for Taiwanese.
Most of them are telnet clients for BBS.

I am not sure but somehow Big5-HKSCS could
transcode many characters from UAO, and there
are many softwares support Big5-HKSCS, e.g. libiconv.
So using Big5-HKSCS could be a workaround if
UAO wasn't supported.

As for Moz18, the Big5 from Mozilla Taiwan,
I have to admit that I've never heard it before
reading this page: http://moztw.org/docs/big5/
It said what they have in mind were the most
compatible ability, and easing the problem of UAO.
(i.e. too few softwares support it)
Its b2u is the same with UAO 2.41 (but not 2.50), and
u2b is based on CP950, plus the extension part of
Big5-2003 and UAO.

Furthermore, they worked with the authors of UAO,
and UAO encouraged people to use Firefox to _read_
missing characters in Big5. So I would suppose this
would be the last yet another Big5 variant...

As a result, support for either Moz18 or UAO
would be fine enough for *me*.

Here's the tables for reference:
Moz18
In previous post.

UAO 2.41 (b2u is the same with Moz18's according to the page)
http://moztw.org/docs/big5/table/uao241-b2u.txt
http://moztw.org/docs/big5/table/uao241-u2b.txt

UAO 2.50 (I am not sure if this differs many from 2.41)
http://moztw.org/docs/big5/table/uao250-b2u.txt
http://moztw.org/docs/big5/table/uao250-u2b.txt

Sincerely,

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org