Bug #1771: system()/popen()/popen3() & windows & unicode is not working
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/show/1771

Author: Jarek Kuboš
Status: Open, Priority: Normal
Category: core, Target version: 1.9.2
ruby -v: ruby 1.9.2dev (2009-07-08) [i386-mswin32_90]

Hi,

I am very happy from progress in Unicode support on Windows.

There is issue describing pending functionality regarding files (http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/show/1685). But I found another important area - opening processes.

This code shows not working (if that file exists, it is not opened by notepad) functions:
---------------------------------------
# encoding: UTF-8

fname = "ca_zufllige_luouk__ѧ٧ݧԧ_¿Գʵ.txt"

system("notepad.exe #{fname}")
IO.popen("notepad.exe #{fname}")
Open3.popen3("notepad.exe #{fname}")
---------------------------------------

I tried to open notepad from command line with same parameters and it works.

Best regards
Jarek

PS: I am sorry if I choose wrong fix version...


----------------------------------------
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org