Luis Lavena wrote:
> But I still think that bundling sqlite3-ruby into Ruby itself is going
> to slowdown the progress and release cycle of the extension, not
> taking in consideration it adds another layer of complexity for the
> ones that build Ruby from source (me).

If the library's progress slowdown, bundling it is too early.
This is why the next generation cgi.rb is still not bundled.

This is the reason why Amalgalite is too big, I said.
Some people also think SQLite wrapper is early too, even if I think not.

> This also will impose a issue for implementations like JRuby, since
> this put more work on the team to be able to replicate everything
> under the sun of what MRI does.

If I am JRuby people, I will think so.
But on MRI a RDB library should be bundled.

--
NARUSE, Yui  <naruse / airemix.jp>