2009/6/23 Yugui (Yuki Sonoda) <yugui / yugui.jp>:
> === If possible
> I hope to include the following features into the 1.9.2. But they might
> take too many time for deciding their specs and implementing them.
> * SQLite as a standard library
> * [ruby-dev:38463]
> * assigned to naruse

Ok, an obvious concern here: implementations that can't support native
extensions will have another new core library they have to support
somehow. This may mean having to build an FFI version of sqlite
interface or simply failing to support it. I'm confused why a library
that works well as a gem (and has newer maintained versions like
Amalgite) needs to be folded into core. Didn't we want to shrink the
core set of libraries, rather than grow them?

> * improvement of YARV opcode set.
> * assigned to ko1.

Will this include freezing the opcode set at some point?

> * debugger support
> * assigned to ko1
> * profiler support
> * assigned to ko1

I'd like to collaborate on these so we can support the same
profiling/debugging interfaces in JRuby. ruby-debug works now with
JRuby but ruby-prof does not.

- Charlie