Thanks for the update. :-)

> * Enumerable#gather
> * [ruby-dev:38392]

For the benefit of those who do not speak Japanese, the following
example was given in that thread:.

    (1..10).chunk_by {|n| n & 2 }.each {|a| p a }
    #=> [1]           # 1 & 2 = 0
    #   [2, 3]        # 2 & 2 = 3 & 2 = 1
    #   [4, 5]        # 4 & 2 = 5 & 2 = 0
    #   [6, 7]        # 6 & 2 = 7 & 2 = 1
    #   [8, 9]        # 8 & 2 = 9 & 2 = 0
    #   [10]          # 10 & 2 = 1

It's a kind of amalgamation of boolean flip-flops and
Enumerbale#partition. The name appears to be in doubt. IMO, 'gather'
is too similar to 'collect', and to a slightly lesser extent,
'select'. 'chunk' or 'chunk_by' seems to capture the intent of the
method better. (I disagree with the suggestion that the block could
return certain underscore-prefixed symbols to control the method's
operation; it seems inelegant).

> * Should the encoding for ENV be the locale encoding?
> * assigned to naruse.

Could you clarify this proposal? That Encoding.find('locale') should
be influenced by Encoding.locale_charmap?

> * SQLite as a standard library
> * [ruby-dev:38463]

So the plan is to re-implement a mostly-Ruby library in C and bundle
it with Ruby? I don't understand the motivation of these kind of
changes. They increase the size of the core codebase, burdening the
core team further. They do so using a language that most Ruby
programmers don't know, thus limiting severely outside contributions.
And, further, they increase the complexity of the alternative Ruby
implementations, who each have to write their own version of the
library in question. What's the goal? :-)

I support the inclusion of Marc-Andre's Matrix patch.

--
Run Paint Run Run