On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 1:58 PM, Robert Gonzalez<redmine / ruby-lang.org> wrote:
> Bug #1595: rake unusable on windows install
> http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/show/1595
>
> Author: Robert Gonzalez
> Category: ext
> ruby -v: 1.8.7
>
> Tried to run a rake command to setup RedMine.
>
> C:\Program Files\RedMine\redmine-0.8.4>rake db:migrate RAILS_ENV="production"
> rake db:migrate RAILS_ENV="production"
> C:/Program Files/Ruby/bin/rake:19:in `load': no such file to load -- "C:/Program Files/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.7/bin/rake" (LoadError)
>  ú 庱
>
> C:\Program Files\RedMine\redmine-0.8.4>
>

> No matter what I do with rake, I get the same error.
>
> I looked at the .bat file, the actual rake script, on the web, etc.

Can you try the following?

In a empty folder (no Rakefile or Rails application) perform two things:

rake --version

That is just to know if rake is working.

Then, create a simple rakefile:

require 'rake/clean'

And execute from the command line:

rake -T

If still doesn't work, we need:

gem env

Just an advice: You installed Ruby in a path with spaces (C:\Program Files)

That is not recommended, since some tools do not properly escape paths
(which is not the case of RubyGems or Rake) but could be something
else.

--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17