Excerpts from Yukihiro Matsumoto's message of Fri May 29 01:53:05 +0300 2009:
> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: [ruby-core:23604] Re: Defining #name= at the class level"
>     on Fri, 29 May 2009 07:39:08 +0900, Eero Saynatkari <ruby-ml / kittensoft.org> writes:
>
> |There is a related question that I thought of when trying
> |to navigate through this particular problem: Module#name=
> |is not defined, why?
>
> I don't see any reason to allow changing the name.  Do you?

Nope -- but my inference from that is that Module#name
should always be the real name, and that overriding it
is undefined behaviour.

The problem in Rubinius occurs because @name is where
the name is *actually* stored...I am not sure if it is
at all feasible to try to come up with a general rule
for overridability of builtin classes' methods or ivars
(aside from always placing the responsibility on users.)

Eero
--
Magic is insufficiently advanced technology.