On Feb 3, 2004, at 23:38, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

> Difference lies in the Object#dup and Object#clone.  initialize_copy
> does the additional work (both for dup and clone) for the particular
> class.  I'm not sure what is the best way to document this.

Ah - I finally see. Sorry to be so dense.

Perhaps the way to do it is you document Object#dup and #clone,
highlighting the differences as you did in your previous e-mail, and
then at the bottom of each description say "This method may have
class-specific behavior. If so, that behavior will be documented under
the #init_copy method of the class."

Cheers

Dave