On Feb 2, 2004, at 6:58, nobu.nokada / softhome.net wrote:

> Now #dup and #clone belong to Kernel, and they call
> #initialize_copy for particular class, so each classes don't
> have these two methods.  It is close to the relation between
> Class#new and Object#initialize, I guess.

Does that mean that there's no difference between dup and clone for
these classes? If that's the case, I could do the same trick that I do
with initialize, and rename the methods inside RDoc (that is:
currently, when RDoc sees a method called initialize, it changes it
internally into a class method called new. I could also have it check
for initialize_copy, and produce two new methods, dup and clone. Would
this work?)

Cheers

Dave