On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 14:28, Gary Wright <gwtmp01 / mac.com> wrote:
> What about literal values for NaN, Infinity, -Infinity?

I don't see a reason for literals, though every now and then I've
wondered about constants for infinite values.

> (...) There doesn't seem to
> be a way to query a float to distinguish between -Infinity and Infinity

Other than comparing each other or testing against zero, you mean?

> or
> between -0.0 and 0.0 other than via #to_s.

Good point. Maybe we could have "#negative?"?

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 13:29, Shot (Piotr Szotkowski) <shot / hot.pl> wrote:
> -0.0.equal? 0.0 # => false

Though this is because floats are (currently) neither immediate nor
reused from a pool.

For that matter:
    0.0.equal? 0.0 # => false

--