On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 09:56:01 +1100, Jim Deville <jdeville / microsoft.com>
wrote:

>> "9".next => "10"
>> but
>> "10" > "9" => false
>
> Why doesn't Ruby have a collation concept to allow this to be changed?

You can always redefine String#<=> but that will cause other nasty,
unexpected things to happen with Strings.

Just for fun I actually tried this, but for some reason it doesn't seem to
work. I can only guess that Ruby is doing some sort of optimization on
ranges of strings, and is ignoring my redefinition of <=>

Mayabe this *is* a bug!

It will probably work if you define your own class.

Mike