Issue #1311 has been updated by Dave B.

File syck_scan_scalar.patch added
File test_yaml.patch added

Good reports, thanks.

I've found a workaround but I'm not sure enough about the YAML spec to guarantee that it's the correct fix.

The patch is mild - it just forces one style over another in the same way as the existing code and allows the new tests to pass along with the rest.

Two patches to 1.9.2dev - these files don't change often ;)

?CHANGELOG: Wed Mar 25 20:06:10 2009  Dave B <daz / d10.karoo.co.uk>
           * ext/syck/emitter.c:  Set SCAN_WHITEEDGE flag when
             scalar begins with newline [ruby-core:23006][Bug #1311]

           * test/yaml/test_yaml.rb: add new tests and comment old
             Test::Unit::TestSuite code to enable them to run as $0

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org