Issue #1295 has been updated by Diego Suárez García.


I downloaded the stable release from ruby lang. Nothing special, untar the tar.gz, configure, make, make install. All was working fine, even that script, but after the weekend I found a lot of error logs in the cronjob. I tried to run the script manually, I tried to run other scripts, even a ruby -e "puts 'hi'", and no luck, always that error.
The error was gone after reinstalling, but today I examined the logs and it's back. This time I've seen another extra error, here they go both:

===========
^V: compile/should not be reached: compile.c:475
*** glibc detected *** corrupted double-linked list: 0x09bd7e38 ***
Abort
===========
And the other one:
===========
/usr/bin/ruby: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.9.1p0 (2009-01-30 revision 21907) [i686-linux]

-- control frame ----------
c:0002 p:-40009030 s:0004 b:0004 l:000003 d:000003 TOP
c:0001 p:0000 s:0002 b:0002 l:0024bc d:0024bc TOP    <main>:17
---------------------------
-- Ruby level backtrace information-----------------------------------------

-- C level backtrace information -------------------------------------------
0x8104657 /usr/bin/ruby(rb_vm_bugreport+0x2b) [0x8104657]

[NOTE]
You may encounter a bug of Ruby interpreter. Bug reports are welcome.
For details: http://www.ruby-lang.org/bugreport.html

Abort
=========
Looking carefully the logs, when I first reported the bug I didn't see it, but it was there.
----------------------------------------
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/show/1295

----------------------------------------
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org