Hi,
Sorry for the delay.

2009/3/19 Hongli Lai <hongli / plan99.net>:
>> Dear Esteemed core members,
>> =A0Any comment or any update on the issue below will be greatly apprecia=
ted.
>> I must say that IMHO without this feature 1.9 will remain unusable for m=
ost
>> multi-threaded programs requiring timer like behavior.
>> =A0Regards
>> Nasir
>
> Agreed, timed wait is a very important feature.
>
> In the mean time, Phusion Passenger implements this by using
> Timeout#timeout, but it's very hacky. It happens to work in MRI 1.8 and 1=
.9
> but I have a feeling that it won't always stay that way.
> http://github.com/FooBarWidget/passenger/blob/4e57c4f2ce47e11a860ca503c76=
02efaffb65d89/lib/phusion_passenger/utils.rb#L369

timed wait is implemented using a timer thread in Ruby 1.8.  However,
there may be a better way in Ruby 1.9 because the thread
implementation is refined.
What if you make ConditionVariable a built-in class and implemented
timed wait, Sasada-san?

--=20
Shugo Maeda