The list of participating organizations for Google's 2009 Summer of Code has
just been published: http://socghop.appspot.com/ and I see that my one
representing my favorite one, Ruby, is not on the list. Sigh.

Last year The Ruby Foundation represented Ruby. The closest accepted
organization can find is ruby on rails.

 (My interest here was to try to get Koichi a student to do instruction trap
replacement, although it's still on my list of things to provide a patch for
as previously promised and/or to help such a summer student get started.)

I'll ask the rails community if they'd consider a ruby project, but if
there's anyone on this list that knows...

Thanks.