I'm running ruby 1.8.6 (2009-03-10 patchlevel 362) [i686-linux] and
trying to rdoc the current 1.9 source.

When rdoc gets to lib/rdoc.rb, it throws this exception:

   RDoc failure in lib/rdoc.rb at or around line 363 column 0

   Before reporting this, could you check that the file
   you're documenting compiles cleanly--RDoc is not a
   full Ruby parser, and gets confused easily if fed
   invalid programs.

   The internal error was:

   /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/rdoc/code_objects.rb:153:in `set_comment':
nested *?+ in regexp: /## (RegexpError)

Has anyone else run into this?

Line 363 is the start of the actual source code; everything above that
is comments.

The culprit seems to be line 295:

#     # :section: My Section

If I delete that line I can rdoc the file with no errors.

--
James Britt