On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 18:33, valodzka <valodzka / gmail.com> wrote:

> Got tired of current ruby Time limitation, I have written this -
> http://github.com/valodzka/time2/tree/master
>
> I would like to hear your thoughts concerning it, and first of all -
> whether there should be it a part of core or not?

I agree with the fundamental idea, that any date and/or time must always
have a time zone associated with it.

However, iIt appears that you are still using "seconds from epoch" for
internal storage and manipulation, which means there's still some
fundamental breakage.

If we're going to have a new time/date implementation, I'd like to see one
that actually deals with leap seconds properly when the OS supports it, i.e.
has seconds that are always a second in duration.

mathew
[ http://lpar.ath0.com/2009/03/16/chronological-pitfalls/ ]