Yukihiro Matsumoto schrieb:
> In message "Re: [ruby-core:22719] Re: [Bug #1251] gsub problem"
>     on Sat, 7 Mar 2009 21:00:34 +0900, Wolfgang N?dasi-Donner <ed.odanow / wonado.de> writes:
> |I think this behaviour should be documented somewhere, because it can
> |really confuse persons, which do not use complex RegExes during their
> |daily work.
> Agreed.  Any opinion for concrete description?  Anyone?
The contents should describe the fact, that the second parsing of the
replacement string will replace \\ by \, \n by the string found by
anonymous group n or by empty string if the group doesn't exist and n is
between 1 and 9, or \<name> and \'name' by the named group.

But don't use my english. It may lead to more confusion.

Wolfgang N?dasi-Donner