Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:
> Hi~
>
> On Mar 10, 2009, at 12:57 AM, Urabe Shyouhei wrote:
>
>> (1) svn account on svn.ruby-lang.org to commit
>> (2) ssh account on ftp.ruby-lang.org to put files there, and
>> (3) web account on redmine.ruby-lang.org to control issues.
>

> Thanks
>
> Ezra Zygmuntowicz
> ez / engineyard.com

Hi Ezra,

A thought you might want to discuss with Shyouhei:

I'm assuming that, in future, svn.ruby-lang.org remains
the official repository for 1.8.6 and that it will have a
single authorised committer == the dcommit command of:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-svn.html
via your EY git repo?

Let's say that Matz discovers a bug in a library in 1.8.7 ...

   raise 'Security Alert' unless intrusions = 0   # silly example

which also exists in 1.8.6 branch.

The easiest thing for him to do may be to commit the fix to
1.8.6 svn at the same time as 1.8.7 to help you.
If I'm understanding, git-svn (fetch) will handle that as well
but would it be the right protocol? Or should write access to
1.8.6 svn be closed to all except 'dcommit'? And would Matz
(or any other svn committer) need to raise a ticket against
1.8.6 on Redmine, instead?

I'm not asking for a reply because it's none of my business
but it seems like an issue that's likely to arise some time.

Fascinating. Good luck to all concerned. :)

daz