Issue #1253 has been updated by Charlie Savage.

Thanks for applying the LDFLAGS change, that is the most important one.

#2 is still open, the one about applying the -link change.  I think that is a better solution than what the makefile does now.  But if you choose not to apply it, then you might want to remove the "-link" keyword couple of places it is currently used outside of LDFLAGS.

The other two changes were updating setup.mak and the warnings (-W3).  I'll move setup.mak to a new ticket once this one is closed.  And on the warnings, I'll make that a separate patch dependent on whether the various compiler warning fix patches I have submitted get accepted or not.  So you can consider those two closed for this patch.

Thanks again for taking a look at these issues.

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org