Hello and sorry for my being slow for this issue.  It's OK now for me to pass
stewardship to Engine Yard.  I've backported what's necessary.

To all:

Can you test latest 1.8.6 repository?  I want to do one last release of 1.8.6
before I give up, and I'd be happy if that happens in this month.  I believe I
didn't break anything but I know I'm far from being perfect.  So please, check
if it works.

To Ezra and Engine Yard people:

Are you ready?  I think you need to take at least
(1) svn account on svn.ruby-lang.org to commit
(2) ssh account on ftp.ruby-lang.org to put files there, and
(3) web account on redmine.ruby-lang.org to control issues.