Wolfgang NĂ¡dasi-Donner wrote:
> As far as I understand this is a real problem for JVM. So I come back
> with my proposal to add a constant TAILRECURSION which results in
> "true", if tail recursion optimization is implemented, otherwise false.
> I will write a proposal for this.

Java 7 will include full tail-call optimization. I believe development
builds of the MLVM branch already have it enabled. So it's not possible
to do *efficient* tail calls on JVM right now, but it will be soon.

Of course, it's always possible to implement tail calling inefficiently
(with all performance suffering), but does anyone really want that?

- Charlie