Michael,

A 'C'-stack backtrace from gdb would be nice.
Trim the top off it if it is deeper than 50 levels or so.
The core file would be troublesome, as it will likely be very large
and require my duplicating your execution environment to load it.

How difficult is it to reproduce the bug there? (seconds or days?)
To produce the best stack trace, compile with -O0  -g and
 use the "full" qualifier in gdb.

- brent