On Jan 12, 2004, at 10:46 PM, NAKAMURA, Hiroshi wrote:

> 3. So we are trying to add "tmp-install" feature.  nobu will post
>   a initial proof-of-concept patch soon.  Ah, here is, in the patch
>   pouch of the patch monster.
>   http://nokada.jin.gr.jp/ruby/tmp-install.diff
>
> Once after we'll solve the "how to build rdoc without installing ruby"
> problem, "specifying target-dir via DESTDIR" will be easy to solve.
>
> At the next of this problem, cross compiling env support.  Long way.
>
> PS.  These problems are the reason why eban first commit the change

The problem I encountered yesterday,

unrecognized option `--ri-system'

was the result of incompatible library versions in installed version vs
working version.  Running rdoc installation from srcdir will solve such
potential problems as well.  Using $(bindir)/$(PROGRAM) is never going
to be the right way.

Thanks for attacking this problem.

-J