Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:22595] Re: suggestions for float"
    on Sun, 1 Mar 2009 01:22:29 +0900, Roger Pack <rogerdpack / gmail.com> writes:

|I guess there's not too much feedback on this one :)

We are not ignoring you.  We just lack for resource working on the
proposal right now.  We welcome a patch to make

  some_float == eval("#{some_float}")

to be always true.

|I for one find floating point rounding errors always surprising, so
|defaulting to BigDecimal would at least help this ruby user.

But replacing float by bigdecimal hinders calculation performance a
lot.  I don't think it's acceptable.

							matz.