2009/2/25 Gary Wright <gwtmp01 / mac.com>

> On Feb 25, 2009, at 5:28 PM, Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:
>

>> Yes, sounds like you're thinking along the same lines I am..."SEL_CALL"
>> node that knows how to do namespace searching in addition to type hierarchy
>> searching.
>>

> During this modified method lookup process...
>
> ...would namespace modules be searched before/after the object's singleton
> class?

singletons would win.

> ...would super in a singleton method search any namespace modules (if the
> singleton
>   class was searched before namespace modules)?

since it is lexically scoped, it would depend on where the singleton method
was defined.

> ...would namespace modules be searched before/after the singleton hierarchy
> (for classes)?

good question. it should probably work like any object...

> ...would super in a method defined in a namespace module search any
> 'nested' namespaces?

remember that namespaces are lexical. Once you exit the lexical scope, super
reverts to its normal meaning.

--
Yehuda Katz
Developer | Engine Yard