Ola Bini wrote:
> I definitely like this thinking. As I see a selector proposal, it
> basically works like this:
> every method call has an associated namespace. that namespace defaults
> to the Parsing Default for that file.
> if a namespace is set for a file, then THAT namespace will be the
> Parsing Default for that file.
> of course, this means that namespaces/selectors should just be names -
> not modules.

They certainly could be names, or the namespaces could be declared in a
new way that the parser is more aware of. Using modules right now is
mostly for convenience.

> When you start having modules as namespaces, then it gets really
> complicated to see what is actually scoped inside of another namespace
> or not, since the parser can't know this.

My prototype is basically just overloading modules to use as a method
bag. In this sense it's similar to the "borrow" feature you added to
JRuby to steal methods from a target module or class.

As for the resolution of the namespace, I think doing it once when the
"using" is encountered at runtime would work fine.

- Charlie