On Feb 25, 2009, at 2:08 PM, Ola Bini wrote:

> - How would this interact with send?
> - How would it interact with other introspection facilities?
> Kernel#method ?
>    Basically, what is the runtime behavior of all metaprogramming
> and introspection features here...
> - Do I understand correctly that this is supposed to be a lexical
> effect, and not a dynamic one?

Ola asks some great questions.  I have a few as well:

(1) If two selector namespaces are in scope, and they both define a
method of the same name, which one takes precedence?  (i.e. Assume
that namespaces X and Y both defined a method "to_xml" on Object, and
that both are in scope.  Which version will be invoked?)

(2) With a particular namespace in scope, will there be a way to
explicitly invoke a conflicting method from a different namespace
(i.e. Assume that namespaces X and Y both define a method "to_xml" on
Object.  Will there be a way to explicitly invoke the Y version of
"to_xml" from code that is currently in the scope of the X namespace.)

--
-- Jim Weirich
-- jim.weirich / gmail.com