Clarification of my example: If three namespaces define xyz, and you want all of the xyz's to act differently, then you need to modify three namespaces with monkeypatching. This way you change their effects wherever you use them.

Rebuttal of my example: As pointed out by Charlie here and offlist, the proper way to handle this conflict of namespaces is to create your own namespace that does what you want.

Overall, the example wasn't my major point, my point was in asking the sameommunity that is lively about this discussion, and very creative (just see the Ruby projects in existence), to come up with ways that this can be misused. Throw them out there so we can see if there is a large downside. I don't know if there is. This example wasn't meant to prove it wrong, just toive an idea.

I guess this kind of falls under bikeshedding, but I think that it is valido partake in some of this kind of brainstorming before this, or any, proposal is accepted.

JD