On Feb 24, 2009, at 11:29 PM, Jim Deville wrote:

> As an example, what if I am using Merb, and two plugins, which all
> define a namespaced method, which I want to change. That's three
> namespaces that I have to __know about__ and modify. As opposed to
> one now.

I must admit, I'm a little confused by the above.  Maybe we have
different understandings about what selector namespaces are and what
they do.

If three plugins each define a method named "xyz" in different
modules, you have three different methods in three modules.  Adding
namespaces doesn't change that.  All the namespace does is allow
programmers to say "Over this section of code, calling a method named
'xyz' will come from this module rather than that module."

Could some elaborate about their fears of name spaces creating
fences.  I don't quite understand what they are getting at.

Thanks.

--
-- Jim Weirich
-- jim.weirich / gmail.com