I agree that this will be used in ways other than just framework creators. =
Rails and Merb may not use this to erect fences, but someone will. I think =
that before we go gung-ho on this, there should be a Devil's advocate discu=
ssion of how one could misuse this feature, and how it could cause problems=
. The problems may not warrant dropping the idea, they may just help see is=
sues with it. I think that is a really good exercise that we should do.

As an example, what if I am using Merb, and two plugins, which all define a=
 namespaced method, which I want to change. That's three namespaces that I =
have to __know about__ and modify. As opposed to one now.

JD

You have misunderstood my point. I'm not saying you don't have a
problem. I'm saying selector namespaces will be used in the way I
indicated.

What way is that exactly?