On Jan 12, 2004, at 13:11, ts wrote:

> N> OK... any good way of determining if it is a kernel problem?
>
>  give an example (real script) to try to reproduce your problem. Sorry
>  say that, but your messages are not really informative.

No need to be sorry... I know they're not much to go on. This latest
problem has just been really hard to reduce to a small example since it
only happens under heavy load, and even then only intermittently.

> N>    ntalbott@cloblisc01:/var/lib/se-manager/servers/maple$ uname -a
> N>    Linux cloblisc01 2.4.18-bf2.4 #1 Son Apr 14 09:53:28 CEST 2002
> i686
> N> unknown
>
>  well, the only information that I had was from [ruby-core:2043]
> (kernel
>  2.2.20)

Hmmm... this is interesting. I didn't realize it, but my development
box is running 2.2.20, while my production box is running 2.4.18. I'll
see if I can get the kernel on the development box upgraded.

Thanks,

Nathaniel

<:((><