On Feb 23, 2009, at 3:52 PM, Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:

> Ask ko1 :) I do not know. I'm only interested in not having to
> support freezing/tainting/unsafe on float instances, so they're more
> immediate-like.

It seems like this is a strange corner case with the language.

In 1.8.6, you can associate instance variables with Fixnum
instances but Fixnum#freeze doesn't seem to prevent this nor
does Fixnum#frozen? return true.  #freeze and #frozen seem
to be no-ops on Fixnum instances.  Similarly for #taint and
company.  I don't have access to 1.8.7 or 1.9.1 at the moment.

It seems like it would be worthwhile to clarify the notions
of identity/equality with respect to instance variables/freeze/
taint for several of the core classes (Fixnum, NilClass, FalseClass,
TrueClass, Float).

Gary Wright