Hi,

At Mon, 16 Feb 2009 07:40:51 +0900,
Charlie Savage wrote in [ruby-core:22170]:
> The other problem with the patch is that it doesn't actually
> work.  To test it I applied to locally.  The assertion error
> does not go away and it still not possible to build Ruby with
> the -RTC1 flag.

It is a compile time flag and irrelevant to debug built msvcrt.

> As for the original problem, I'll make my pitch one more time
> and then if you still disagree I'll just have to patch my own
> version of ruby 1.9.1.  Quoting MSDN -
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa364439(VS.85).aspx.

It does mention about FlushFileBuffers() only, not _commit().
And says just it returns an error, not make the process
crashed.

> Seeing that Microsoft's documentation says it invalid to pass
> stdout or stderr to FlushFileBuffers, and _commit calls
> FlushFileBuffers, I have a hard time seeing that this is a
> bug in msvcrt.

Feel free to call it a bug or a paranoiac false assertion of
msvcrt, and now disabled already, at r22337.

--
Nobu Nakada