Feature #1193: Justified Error Messages

Author: Simon Chiang

One nice thing about Test::Unit output is that failures are justified making string comparisons easier.

In Test::Unit

<"minitest/unit is a small and fast replacement for ruby's huge and slow test/unit."> expected but was
<"minitest/unit is a small and fast replaecment for ruby's huge and slow test/unit.">.

In MiniTest::Unit

Expected "minitest/unit is a small and fast replacement for ruby's huge and slow test/unit.", not
"minitest/unit is a small and fast replaecment for ruby's huge and slow test/unit.".

The error (replaecment) is harder to find when the output is not justified.

FYI I submitted this as a feature request to Ryan Davis on the Rubyforge site and he rejected the request.  I am resubmitting it here because I feel it is quite important and trivial to implement.

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org