On Jan 12, 2004, at 9:00, James F. Hranicky wrote:

> You could add some code to rdoc to nag folks about undocumented
> features.
> Perl's default man page (I believe) is a page stating the developer
> forgot to add any docs :->

It does: when you run rdoc it warns about each such one. It doesn't
tell the end user though--perhaps it should (<evil grin>)

> BTW, should I get back to trying to document Socket & OpenSSL ?

Thanks, that would be marvelous. I think everything is settled down
now.  I don't know if there are any instances of this in the socket
code, but if one file rb_define's something where the implementation is
in another file, you'll need to use the /* in xxx.c */ convention to
allow rdoc to find the source:

     rb_define_method(rb_cModule, "include?", rb_mod_include_p, 1); /*
in class.c */
     rb_define_method(rb_cModule, "name", rb_mod_name, 0);  /* in
variable.c */
     rb_define_method(rb_cModule, "ancestors", rb_mod_ancestors, 0); /*
in class.c */

     rb_define_private_method(rb_cModule, "attr", rb_mod_attr, -1);

Cheers

Dave