--000e0cd228b8abe23504634d5864

I'd be perfectly happy to have it take a block.

-- Yehuda

--
Yehuda Katz
Developer | Engine Yard

--000e0cd228b8abe23504634d5864

I would be open to making it take a block, but I&#39;m not aware of any use-case where that would be helpful, so I left it out at the beginning to reduce the need for extra ceremony.<br>
...<div class="Ih2E3d"><br>
Again, I&#39;m open to doing it a different way. I chose this initially because it makes it easier to implement at parse-time (which is required for performance) and because I can&#39;t think of any use-case where more granular application of namespaces would actually be useful, but I&#39;d be fine with &quot;use&quot; taking a block if it moved the proposal forward.<br>

I suppose there&#39;s another argument in favor of an explicit bounding of the &quot;use&quot; area: where do you *start*? If this is parse time, having it start at the first &quot;use&quot; call seems a little odd; you&#39;dlmost want it to be a whole-file pragma. But starting it at the beginningf the file seems just as odd, since a use anywhere in the body changes all method dispatches.<br>

- Charlie<br>

--000e0cd228b8abe23504634d5864--