Bug #1181: [BUG] thread_free: keeping_mutexes must be NULL

Author: Chris Schlaeger
Category: core
ruby -v: ruby 1.9.2dev (2009-02-15 trunk 22332) [x86_64-linux]

I've tried to run taskjuggler with ruby 1.9 CVS from today and got internal error messages. The applications runs fine with ruby 1.8.7. I tried to cut it down to a smaller test case, but it seems like you need the full app to trigger the problem. When run in uniprocessor mode, it works fine even with 1.9. But when running in SMP mode (-c 2 or larger number) it multithreads and forks to run on muliple CPUs. The problem seems to be thread related as the error message indicates. The locations in the ruby code seem to be random and change with every run. Here are the steps to reproduce the problem:

1. Download the taskjuggler gem: http://www.taskjuggler.org/tj3/taskjuggler-0.0.1.gem and install it
2. change to the 'examples' that comes with the gem or download acso.tjp from http://www.taskjuggler.org/tj3/examples/acso.tjp
3. tj3 -c 2 acso.tjp

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org