I will try and take a look at this soon, hopefully before the end of the
week...

- Michael

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Brent Roman <brent / mbari.org> wrote:

>
> I just pushed out a version of the MBARI patches for Ruby 1.8.6-p287 onto:
>
> git://github.com/brentr/matzruby.git
>
> in the branch v1_8_6_287-mbari
>
> I'm down to just one test failure:
>
>  1) Error:
> test_object_id_collision(YAML_Unit_Tests):
> RuntimeError: id collision in ordered map
>    ./test/yaml/test_yaml.rb:1281:in `test_object_id_collision'
>
> However, I'm not motivated to investigate much further because this
> test fails on every version of 1.8.6-p287 I build from source on
> four different linux boxes with varying versions of gcc including those
> built directly from the archive:
>
> ftp://ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/ruby-1.8.6-p287.tar.bz2
>
> On the other hand, I recall Michael King claimed to have gotten 1.8.6-p287
> to complete
> the test suite without any errors whatsoever.
>
> I'm building like this:
> $  CFLAGS="-O2 -fno-stack-protector" configure --prefix=$HOME/ruby/test
> $ make -j3 && make install
>
> (I've tried all sorts of CFLAGS, so please no comments about those)
> and running the yaml test with:
>
> $  cd test
> $  ~/ruby/test/bin/ruby  runner.rb  yaml
> Loaded suite yaml
> Started
> .........E................................................
> Finished in 0.409985 seconds.
>
>  1) Error:
> test_object_id_collision(YAML_Unit_Tests):
> RuntimeError: id collision in ordered map
>   ./yaml/test_yaml.rb:1281:in `test_object_id_collision'
>
> 58 tests, 206 assertions, 0 failures, 1 errors
>
> If you try that on your Ruby 1.8.6-p287 built from source,
> do you see the error?
>
> Is there another way to build it from source that avoids the error?
>
> Please respond with details on your build procedure, environment etc.
> only if you've built Ruby 1.8.6-p287 from source and do not see the above
> error.
> If you've got it working, I'd sure like to how exactly how!
>
> - brent
>
> P.S.  Note that this issue was supposedly fixed by a patch applied on
> 6/15/08.
> That patch appears to be present in 1.8.6-p287.
> See http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/show/411
> If no one responds, I'll add this report to redmine, but for now, I'm
> assuming
> I've got a problem with my build procedure.
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://www.nabble.com/-ruby-core%3A19846---Bug--744--memory-leak-in-callcc--tp20447794p22065464.html
> Sent from the ruby-core mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>
>