In article <a5d587fb0902160252u56b50cfdv8e0fd36bb4f0b1b3 / mail.gmail.com>,
  Michal Suchanek <hramrach / centrum.cz> writes:

>> What is represented by the N chars?
>
> I don't understand the question. N chars are N chars, they do not
> represent anything else.

I expect something like person's name, zip code, etc.

However, person's name is variable length.

The zip code (in Japan) is fixed length but multibyte
encoding is not useful because it uses only digits.

I'm not sure the usage of the method for "reading N
characters".

> It's actually not that hard except the synchronization is not perfect.
> By using chars and then lines I lost "F"

I guess enumerator uses lookahead.
--
Tanaka Akira