Nobuyoshi Nakada wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At Sat, 14 Feb 2009 16:35:30 +0900,
> Charles Oliver Nutter wrote in [ruby-core:22065]:
>> The spec MRI produces dupes for is:
>>
>> Dir.glob recursively matches directories with '**/<characters>'
>> at core/dir/shared/glob.rb:205
>
> The pattern at line 204 is '**/*fil?{,.}*', which is equivalent
> to to Dir.glob('**/*fil?*')+Dir.glob('**/*fil?.*'), so
> "subdir_two/nondotfile.ext" matches against both.  That is,
> brace expansions needs attention to use.

I think the presence of duplicates is a glob implementation detail that
should not be specified. Surely different implementations are going to
produce difference results. I don't think we should specify when dupes
are expected to occur, and glob's specification should either be "may
produce dupes" or "will not produce dupes".

- Charlie