Hello Ezra,

Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:
>> The current 1.8.6 maintainer Shyouhei sitting next to me right now,
>> just said he'd happy to pass maintenance responsibility if one is
>> willing.  So, in case, some one or some organization have interest,
>> let us know.

>     We at Engine Yard would be honored to take over as maintainers of
> ruby1.8.6. We have a lot of customers using it and have a vested
> interest in keeping it around and patched with latest security and
> efficiency related patches without changing any apis and keeping in line
> with what folks expect from a stable ruby1.8.6.

Thank you for a great offer.  Unless anyone else has an intention, it is OK
for me to pass you my control over Ruby 1.8.6.  In doing that we need some
additional agreements on when to actually pass the role, where to hold
mainstream repository (still on ruby-lang.org or on your resource or somewhere
else like github), how to securely share security considerations, and so on.