On Feb 11, 2009, at 10:46 PM, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: [ruby-core:22024] Re: 1.8.7 Specifics"
>    on Thu, 12 Feb 2009 15:35:39 +0900, Brent Roman <brent / mbari.org>
> writes:
>
> |Have you considered pushing official responsibility for 1.8.6 out
> |to some of the commercial organizations benefiting most from it?
> |Let them fix bugs, incrementally enhance performance and endlessly QC
> |while your small team of core developers explore the new frontier.
>
> The current 1.8.6 maintainer Shyouhei sitting next to me right now,
> just said he'd happy to pass maintenance responsibility if one is
> willing.  So, in case, some one or some organization have interest,
> let us know.
>
> 							matz.

Matz & Shyouhei

	We at Engine Yard would be honored to take over as maintainers of
ruby1.8.6. We have a lot of customers using it and have a vested
interest in keeping it around and patched with latest security and
efficiency related patches without changing any apis and keeping in
line with what folks expect from a stable ruby1.8.6.

	Please let us know how you would like to proceed, feel free to
contact me offlist as well.

Thank You.

Ezra Zygmuntowicz
ez / engineyard.com