On Feb 11, 2009, at 1:27 PM, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: [ruby-core:22007] Re: 1.8.7 Specifics"
>    on Thu, 12 Feb 2009 06:22:21 +0900, Pit Capitain <pit.capitain / gmail.com
> > writes:
>
> |AFAIR there always have been problems like this moving from one Ruby
> |version to the next, at least since 2000 when I started using Ruby.
> |For example, I remember some serious problems in the update to 1.8.4
> |or 1.8.5. But despite those problems, we're currently at 1.8.6, so
> |obviously those problems had been solved in the past. I'd be
> |interested in what exactly is so different with the move to 1.8.7.
>
> Perhaps, people became less geek these days.
>
> 							matz.

	Or perhaps there are *far* more folks running their businesses in
production on ruby 1.8.6 then any other previous ruby release and that
is why there is resistance.

	I know we are running ~6000 virtual machines all with ruby 1.8.6 and
no plans of upgrading to 1.8.7 unless a customer specifically asks for
it.

Cheers-
Ezra Zygmuntowicz
ez / engineyard.com