There's a fair amount of talk lately about release management and
version stability, most of it stemming from the way the release of
Ruby 1.8.7 was handled. Despite all the talk, I haven't seen a good
list of problems with 1.8.7 that's not buried in a fair amount of
hyperbole. I'd appreciate it you'd reply to this thread with specific
problems you've encountered in 1.8.7, especially problems that have
kept you from upgrading.

Let's try to avoid the philosophical disagreements around backporting
new features, etc, and stick to specific bugs and technical problems,
okay? There are plenty of other threads that cover all that. :)

I'll get things started with the most commonly mentioned problem:

- ActiveSupport's String#chars conflicted with Ruby's String#chars
(resolved in ActiveSupport post 1.8.7)

~ j.