Hi,

In message "Re: Absolute paths in shebang lines?"
    on 04/01/08, J.Herre <jlst / gettysgroup.com> writes:

|Installed ruby_1_8 branch in my home directory for testing under ~/stmp;
|Then tried
|
|~/stmp/bin/ri Array#length
|
|Of course this fails because I need to do
|
|~/stmp/bin/ruby ~/stmp/bin/ri Array#length
|
|to pick up the correct ruby

I'm not sure I understand you correctly.  The installation process
replaces shebang to the absolute path to the interpreter, so that you
don't have to specify the interpreter to run ri, for example.  The
proposal we are talking is exactly for that purpose.

I suppose the first line of ~/stmp/bin/ri must be

  #! <abosolute path to ~/stmp/bin/ruby>

is that correct?

							matz.