Hi, Dave,

Subject: Re: Best way to install ri documentation -- please check this

> >> Not sure why a dependency check in necessary.  It's either going to
> >> work or fail.  Seems too complicated to try to match version of
> >> installed ruby to wd ruby...
> >
> > Agreed.  bin and doc (if user wants) should be built and installed
> > at a time.  No dependency needed I think now.

> Would install be dependent on rdoc?
>
>     install:   rdoc
>
> If not, folks would probably forget to do it, and if so we're back
> where we started...

Sorry.  I had not to mix the topic.  According to the topic about
enabling/disabling rdoc by default, it's only me who dislike
building and installing rdoc by default.  I'm "the minority."
My hands will get used to living with "install-nodoc" soon.

> > Hmm.  How about target "rdoc" builds documents at somewhere then
> > "install" copies it to specified location?

This is just an idea to build bin and rdoc at a time (these combined
use is a must) and do dependency check correctly.  OT.

Regards,
// NaHi