Luiz Vitor Martinez Cardoso wrote:
> People,
>
> Thanks for the comments. But now is time to DO! Who is able to get
> involved? Do this kind of decision needs the approval of MATZ?
>
> Charles, could you briefly yours plans?
>
> I'm very decided to help the community improving a new documentation
> system (or improving YArD)! And now is time to plan.

My plans wrt documentation are pretty slim. Suffice to say I'd like
something built-in that has a standard API that could double as an
annotation mechanism, until such time as we gain a real annotation
mechanism (if ever?)

My hope for annotations, however, is to put some extra power in Rubyists
hands. For example, Yehuda's example (@param foo<String>) could be
compiled to assume or enforce that the incoming value is a String, and
optimize for that case. It would be a simple type-hinting mechanism.
Other annotations could specify nullability, structured typing (duck
typing pre-confirmed) and so on. It would open up Ruby to a bit more
tweakability.

- Charlie