On Jan 5, 2004, at 21:53, NAKAMURA, Hiroshi wrote:
> 1. Rdocing requires ruby to be installed(yaml, etc.).  So target
>   rdoc must depends install-nodoc.

Could I use the same trick that 'make test' does, and simply add the
SO's to the appropriate path?

> 2. miniruby might not be able to load syck.so so target rdoc must
>   use ruby instead of miniruby.

I wasn't sure about this: the miniruby on my platform seems to run
fine. Is this just a coincidence?

> 3. there could not be sources in the current dir.

I'm probably wrong, but doesn't the rest of the Makefile assume that
it's running in the source directory (there are dependencies on files
such a Makefile itself).

> By the way, configure option --disable-rdoc seems good.
> --enable-rdoc is better for me (never mind. :-)

Could someone familiar with autoconf show me how to do this?

Or, as I'm sensing some resistance here, should we simply change it so
that end-users need to do an explicit

    make doc

Cheers

Dave